Information We Collect
We may obtain personal information about you from various sources, including this and our other websites, mobile applications, when you call or email us or communicate with us through social media, or when you participate in events or other promotions. We also may obtain information about you from our business partners and other third parties. Any personal information you provide to us is maintained on secure servers and our internal systems.
Our primary goal in collecting personal information is to provide you, the user, with a customized experience on our sites. This includes personalization services, interactive communications, online shopping and many other types of services, all of which are completely free to you.
The types of personal information we may obtain include:
- Your contact information (such as name, Twitter handle, postal and email address, or phone number);
- Username and password for the account you may establish on our sites;
- Payment details (including payment card number, security code, expiration date, cardholder name and billing address);
- Shipping information (including the shipping address and phone number);
- Demographic information (such as age, date of birth and gender);
- Any content (e.g., comments, photographs, information and other materials) that you post directly on our sites (please bear in mind any personal information you submit can be read, collected or used by others; accordingly, please exercise caution when deciding to disclose any personal information in public activities or submissions);
- Information you provide by interacting with us through social media, including photographs;
- Location information, such as the real-time geographic location of the device on which you install our mobile applications (note: when you use one of our applications on your mobile device you may be able to choose not to share your geo-location details with us by adjusting the device’s location services settings. For instructions on changing the relevant settings, please contact your service provider or device manufacturer);
- Reading, browsing and shopping behaviour and preferences, and a record of the purchases you make on our websites;
- Your search queries conducted on our sites; and
- Other details that you may submit to us or that may be included in the information provided to us by third parties.
In addition, we may use “cookies,” “device identifiers” or similar types of technology (e.g., pixels tags, web beacons, clear GIFs, and local storage) to collect information about your use of our sites. We may use this information to help us enhance the efficiency and usefulness of our sites, to customise your visit to our sites, and for other purposes to make your visit more convenient or to enable us to enhance our services. For your information, “cookies” are files that are stored on your computer’s hard drive by a website, and “device identifiers” are files that are stored on your mobile device that identify your device. In addition, we may use third parties to provide products and services to you through our sites. These third parties may employ cookies, device identifiers, or similar technologies. Note: most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable existing cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all of our sites’ features. In addition, disabling cookies may cancel opt-outs that rely on cookies, such as targeted advertising opt-outs. Finally, your mobile device may provide you with information and choices on what data is shared with us.
When you visit our sites, we may automatically collect certain non-identifying information about you, such as the computer operating system or mobile device that you use to access our sites, your Internet Protocol address, your browser type and settings, your bandwidth speed and information about the software programs that are installed on your computer, the date and time that you access our sites, the web pages you were visiting immediately before and after you came to our sites, the domain name of the website from which you linked to our sites, search terms that visitors use to reach our sites, information on actions taken on our sites (such as page views and site navigation patterns) and links and advertisements that you click on within our sites and other technical information that assists us in improving our services.
We are concerned about the privacy of young children. Accordingly, we do not direct our websites to children under the age of thirteen. We require registered users of the site to be at least eighteen years old. If we learn that a user is under eighteen years of age, we will promptly delete any personal information that the individual has provided to us.
Updates to this Privacy Notice
Information We Share
We also may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process (such as a court order), (ii) in response to a request by law enforcement authorities, or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal or fraudulent activity.