- 1 cup mango seed
- 2-3 Medium red onion chopped
- 1/2 cup Palm oil
- 2 tsp Pepper
- 4-5 Bouillon cubes
- 2-3 cup Vegetables Ugwu,, Pumpkin,Kale, Spinach
- 2-3 tsp Minced garlic
- 1 pound Pound Various meat Turkey, Chicken, Beef, Goat
- 1/3 cup Sliced meat tripe Shaki
- 2 Orange scotch bonnet pepper
- 1/3 cup Blended crayfish
- 1/3 cup Stock fish
- 1/3 cup Dried fish
- Before you begin preparing the soup, note that the dried fish is normally soaked for at least 30 minutes to soften it and to help clean it very well, while the stockfish is usually soaked overnight or cooked with a pressure cooker, since it takes a long time to soften it through boiling.
- Blend the peppers (any variety), garlic, onions. Put some palm oil in a pot and add the peppers, onions, and crumbled bouillon cubes. Cover the pot and cook the mixture for about 2 minutes.
- Add the smoked fish, stockfish, blended crayfish, meat, and locust beans spice and cook for 10 minutes.
- If you are using meat, it should be washed and cooked separately before being added here. The meat stock can also be poured into the soup mixture to give it an added flavor. If you are using beef tripe, wash it and cook it in a separate pot over medium heat with some sliced onions, 1 or 2 bouillon cubes, and salt and pepper
- After the fish are done, debone all the fishexcept the stockfish and set aside. Remove the beef and beef tripe from thepots in which they were cooked. Leave the water used to cook the meat and fishin their respective pots
- Wash the vegetables (such as pumpkin leaves, spinach, ugwu and kale), cut them into little pieces, and set them aside
- The next step is to begin introducing the grounded ogbono into the pot that contains the cooking water of the meat and fish. Cover the pot, but stir frequently to prevent the mixture from sticking, adding a little more broth water if necessary
- After about 25 minutes, you should see theogbono drawing a little as you are turning it. At this point, add the red palmoil, add leaves (or any of the other vegetables),pepper and salt to taste. Cookfor 7 minutes.
- As the soup turns a light brown color, add the cooked meat, beef tripe, and fish. If you have chosen to add pumpkin leaves or any soft vegetables, add them now. Stir the soup and let it simmer for 2 minutes. The soup is ready to be served
- Cooking spoon
- Cutting board
- Stove top