We rate fufu to help everyone know more about fufu. At the GrubKitchen we get plenty of fufu options and we rate them according to the criteria listed below.
- 4 medium cocoyam
- 2 cups Cassava flour
- 4 ½ cups Water
- Use a knife or peeler to peel the yam tuber
- Cut each tuber into 5 or 6 pieces then split each piece in the middle part
- Wash the yam pieces thoroughly and place into pot
- Add four cups of cold water to cover cocoyam pieces
- Bring water to boil over high heat, use fork to gage if cocoyam pieces are soft enough to be mashed or until you notice a cloudy look on cocoyam pieces
- Remove yam pieces from pot and place into a bowl
- Mix cassava flour with ½ cup of water till it becomes a mold
- Reserve some of the yam water to use for processor/ blender
- Use a spoon and scoop mashed yam pieces &cassava mold pieces into blender or processor.
- Add yam water into a blender or processor
- Use pulse speed to remove any lumps – avoid puree mixture, use low speed setting
- Once the mixture has an elastic texture remove from the blender and serve.
- Wooden Spoon
- Mixing Bowls
- Stove Top
- Blender or processer